Not content with a Website Optimisation in Your Coffee Break, we also have tips on Boosting Your Visibility in your Coffee Break too! A coffee break, we see as a 15 minute slot of time, you can be utilising to it’s max! It doesn’t have to be every day, but if you changed just one of your coffee breaks into a massive productivity session, we think you’d get the bug for it!
First off, we’d suggest carving out a specific time slot of 15 minutes (or more if you can!) for a focused session, and stick it in your calendar. Then before the session happens produce an action plan for that bank of time.
Online Promotion and Visibility Platform Options
There are hundreds of different platforms you can use to help boost your brand – be that your individual brand, or an organisational one, here’s a list of pointers to think about…
- Website – do you have a website? If you’re starting from scratch, we recommend WordPress.com
- Online Content – yes, content is still king! Get blogging, writing interesting top tips, or having opinions (gasp!) online. Once you’ve done your homework on those target keywords and keyphrases, make sure they appear in your content too – about 3% of the total on a page.
- Email Marketing – still THE best form of connecting with people, straight to their inbox. Share good, interesting, helpful content and they might even open it.
- Social Media – there are over 300 social media platforms, the big 4 for business are Twittter, Facebook, Youtube and LinkedIn, but if your target audience are hiding (remembering lurking) somewhere else online, go and be where they are.
Whats the right online visibility strategy for you?
Well, it all comes down to thinking about who your audience is, and then crafting content that is of interest to them, and for them. If you actually listen to what your target audience are saying online, what they are asking for, then you’ll get a much better picture of how to pitch to them.
So seriously, have you Google’d yourself yet?
This is by far the biggest thing that can change your online branding online.
If you see people sharing negative things about you or your brand online, you can then do something to fix it!
If you see people sharing fabulous things about your and your brand online, you can thank them and tell the world!
We suggest searching for your name or brand at least once a month, using an Incognito browser.
Extra Top Tips for Online Brand Visibility
- Use the 80/20 rule – only 20% of your content should be about you and your “sell”
- Remember the engagement pyramid – don’t be a lurker!
- Calendarise your content
- Keep consistent branding across your profiles, but make sure your content is different on each platform
- Get to grips with video, audio, graphics and GIFS!
- Checkout hashtag hours
- Find perfect content easily with Feedly
- Schedule social posts with Hootsuite or Buffer
- And check out what Processes and Apps could help you be more productive with the short time you have!
We hope this has been a useful overview of how to get started with your online promotion, if you have any questions, please do get in touch!